May 6, 2017

No Line Water Coloring with Catherine Pooler Inks | Video


Water-coloring is becoming one of my favourite techniques! In my last week's post I mentioned that I wanted to be a water color artist. Since then I just kept trying and I'm not saying that I am pretty perfect at this moment. You can point out many mistakes but I just love the result and I wanna keep trying :)


CARD DETAILS

As soon as I got my inks from Catherine Pooler Designs I almost tried out all the techniques, kind of tested it out and found that these inks are not only juicy and vibrant but also very versatile.
  • When stamped it gives a solid and non splotchy image (ex: here)
  • Gives a perfect ink blended background (here)
  • Great for ink smooshing (here)
  • Can do water coloring also 

I started stamping a few floral images from Beautiful You stamp set on Timholtz water color paper with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I didn't mask any of my images just nested the flowers by turning the images in different angles. I smooshed Flirty Fuchsia, Party Dress, Rockin Red and Lime Rickey inks on a DIY palette and water colored the flowers with a paint brush.


I just love the result. As always I added splatters of black paint to enhance the beauty of the design. I struggled a bit on where the sentiment should go but I decided to stamp on the center of the flower. I outlined the sentiment with Gold Calligraphy Marker to stand against the bright bold background. Finally added Wink of Stella clear for the images.

I have made a video for you and I hope you'll enjoy watching it. :) Thanks for visiting. See you soon!

2 comments: