July 29, 2015

Paris Dusk Butterfly


Hello dear friends! I'm back again with a one layer card made for CASology WEEK 157 where the theme is 'wings'. I have a step by step tutorial for you on how I made this card. Go ahead if you are interested.. ;)

 


I placed the card stock in a box with a butterfly, a diecut, at an angle.The butterfly diecut behaves like a mask here! I then took Paris Dusk Memento Fire Work Shimmer Spray and sprayed or spritzed on to the butterfly. Oh! I love all the shimmer!! When the mask is removed you can see the beautiful result. Finally I stamped the 'dream' sentiment from Lawn Fawn with Archival Jet Black Ink. Just to highlight the letters d r since they were mixed up with the blue color, I used a silver gel pen.. :)



I hope you like this card. Thank you so much for visiting. 
Take care!

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! I am so going to 'CASE' this, dear! Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and tutorial too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful effect and thanks for the tip of using die cuts as mask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and thanks for the tutorial. You make it look so very easy. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love shimmer sprays! This is such a pretty, monochromatic design, Deepti...and one layer too!!! :)
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shimmer effect, your card is just dreamy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Deepti! Love the random splatter from the shimmer spray! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone that this is simply marvelous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Deepti! The butterfly looks so pretty against the blue.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete