July 4, 2015

Creating a Beachy Scene card with Masking and Distress Water-coloring + Video


Sometimes you make things wrong! and that is what exactly I felt after making this card. Hope you remember the beachy scene card I made with the flip-flops a few days ago, I was not quite really happy with the result because the masking went wrong, it was too plain and straight without any indentations. And the color of sand was also too dark. So I went ahead and recreated another card using the same card design but I changed the stamped image and the color of the sand!


This is a one layer card and I absolutely love making them. This is not a watercolor paper, it is just a regular white cardstock. I masked an area with post it notes and stamped the sand castle with Archival jet black ink!


Then water-colored the sand with Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen Distress inks using a regular paint brush and Koi water water brush.


Finally stamped the sentiment from Kaisercraft using the same Archival Jet Black Ink.

I have a video too on this card, pls turn on the HD and enjoy watching the video.


I hope you like my card and video too. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You love one layer cards and it shows, you're great at making them, really! I'm not. Still struggling...

    ReplyDelete