April 25, 2020

'STAY HOME STAY SAFE' SIMPLE MIXED MEDIA CARD WITH PICTORIAL


Hello my dear crafty and non crafty friends! How are you guys doing? I hope you are safe and sound at your homes. #StayHomeStaySafe

Today I wanted to share a 'simple mixed media card' which I've been longing to. I don't know why my heart is drawing towards warm and pastel shades and a grungy look. I also like using bright colors on my cards but I prefer being more pastel. If you like Mixed Media and if you are a beginner, this post would be helpful for you.

MY CARD DETAILS


I started by drawing a house on the card front and cut it using Sizzix Multi Tool.


Then I adhered this pattern paper, from PaperMania, to the card front.


I flip it over and did as shown above :P


This is how the card looks from front.


Then I applied a wash of white gesso by Papericious.


I stamped the images from Mudra's Critter Party in Versafine Sepia Ink and water colored with Faber-Castell Pens.


Fussy cutting done!


Onto this panel, I applied a water wash of gold pigment paint.


I also colored the cheese cloth with the same pigment paint.


I let the panel and cheese cloth dry for sometime. Meanwhile I adhered this bright yellow card stock by Sizzix to the main card base.


I adhered the cheese cloth over it.


And placed this panel over it.


Finally I adhered the animals as shown above and also added few splatters of black paint. For the sentiment I used alpha stickers by 'Creative Retreat' phrasing 'Stay Home'.

A FEW MORE SHOTS FOR YOU


I created a scene - these animals love to stay at home during this pandemic, by adhering the animals half inside and half outside. And I wanted that bright yellow color peek through the house. I added little details to the alpha stickers to pop on the busy background. 


I hope you like the card and I hope you feel inspired. Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see you next time :)




No comments:

Post a Comment