October 12, 2019

A SIMPLE VINTAGE STYLED CHRISTMAS CARD | SIZZIX | VIDEO


Hello my dear lovely crafters! How are you all?

Welcome back to a new blog post. Today's card is little bit different than my usual card making style. I always prefer making single layered or simple cards but I wanted to try something different and I realised I also love making this kind of cards. It's so relaxing to try something new everyday, right. For my card I used Funky Festive Thinlit Dies by Sizzix designed by TimHoltz. :)

visit sizzix.com and sizzix.co.uk for more education and information.

CARD DETAILS


I started my card making process by die-cutting the Poinsettia and other floral dies by running through the Sizzix SideKick Machine with Sizzix textured card stock.


Then I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of the die-cuts for more dimensional and vintagy look.


For the background, I ruffled a pattern paper and highlighted the ruffles with Vintage Photo Distress ink. This created a very beautiful backdrop for the card.


I took another panel smaller than the main card base, tore one of the edges, distressed the other edges with Sizzix Distressing Tool and applied Vintage Photo to match the card's color combo. I also adhered the red card stock to the torn side.


I stamped Merry Christmas with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and adhered all the die-cuts with Tacky Glue. For the details of the flower, I added gold paint to the center of the flower. Finally I added splatters of gold followed by white paint to the whole card design for some whimsical snowy look.

VIDEO DETAILS

I have filmed a TimeLapse Video for you, Enjoy!



And that's all for today. I hope you liked the card and video. I'm entering this card for Simon Says: Christmas Challenge. Thanks for stopping by today. See you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment