November 9, 2018

MASKING TECHNIQUE - PART ONE SIMPLE MASKING | VIDEO


Hi everyone! Welcome back. Today I would like to discuss about one of my favourite stamping techniques - Masking Technique. This is such a beautiful technique that adds so much depth and dimension to one layer card designs. It creates an illusion that one image is standing  behind the other.


This is going to be a four part video and blog post, here I am with part one where I will be discussing or giving you a brief about 'Simple Masking'. If you are a beginner this video and blog post is for you. For this whole Masking Technique you'll need a masking paper or masking tape or washi tape or post it notes or any thin or copy paper.


Masking Technique

Part One - Simple Masking

In this blog post I will be showing you four ways of Simple Masking. So let's start!

CARD DETAILS

Card #1


For the first card design, I masked off a portion with a broad washi tape and stamped the image. This cute ghost image is from A-muse Studio called Ghostly Greetings. Then I stamped the same image on masking paper and then fussy cut it and adhered over the previously stamped image and blended in Wilted Violet Distress ink.


Then I removed all the washi tape and added splatters of Black Carbon Art Spray by Craftangles. I finished the card with the sentiment from the same stamp set.

Card #2


On the second card, I drew a shape on a piece of masking paper. Then fussy cut it and adhered over the main card panel. And the rest of the card design was similar to the previous card design.


You can customize the design the way you wanted to. Halloween is already over but I wanted to share this cute stuff with you all. I hope that is okay! :) Here I used Black Soot Distress Ink.

Card #3


The third way to mask your card is by using stickers. Any shaped stickers will do the job. 


Here I used Alpha Stickers from Lawn Fawn. You can also mask the background of the card with washi tape or masking tape.

Card #4


After all the cute gloomy cards here comes the most bright, beautiful and colorful card of the day. I ran one of the dies from Perfect Vines Die by Catherine Pooler and masking paper through Sizzix Sidekick Machine.  Then I masked all the edges of the card front with a thin washi tape and then I masked one of the portions of the card with the die-cut. Then I blended in Candied Apple and Carved Pumpkin Distress Inks.


It's always so nice and satisfying to watch removing all the masks off. Then added splatters of black paint and finished the card with the sentiment from Leaf Motifs by Catherine Pooler Designs


I hope you like these cards. See you soon with the part two video where I'll be sharing with you 'how to create a group of anything with Masking Technique. Thank you so much for visiting! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful cards Deepti ! So neat with masking and ink blending !!

    ReplyDelete