March 8, 2018

BLESSING CARD | SIZZIX LIFESTYLE


It's been a while since I've used Distress Inks, Embossing Powder, favorite color combo and one of my favorite techniques - Ink Smooshing. Last night, while I was sitting down and thinking about the colors, these colors strike my mind. Next morning i.e., today I put my plans and thoughts into action. I like brown with pink and blue color combos. That gorgeous floral die is called Pretty Peony by Sizzix Lifestyle


Products from Sizzix Lifestyle


CARD MAKING DETAILS

Ink smooshing is one of my favourite techniques. I started by smooshing the heavy card stock with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I let the panel dry and added second and third layers of color. Again I let the panel dry and added splatters of Vintage Photo, Egyptian Gold Paint and Picket Fence Paint with a paint brush. Sometimes it's fun to create such grungy backgrounds! ;) 


I die-cut the Pretty Peony out of heavy white card stock and water colored the die-cuts with Picked Raspberry (flowers) and Gold Paint (leaves). By the way, this Pretty Peony is two layered die-cut set. 


I stamped the sentiment onto the ink smooshed panel with Versafine Ink and poured White Embossing Powder from Zing and heat set it with Ranger heat it tool. Before stamping the sentiment I prepped the panel with Anti Static powder tool to remove any static from the paper.


I foam mounted the floral over the card front and adhered the panel over the main white card base.


I embellished the card with golden and clear sequins from Mudra


Also applied Wink of Stella clear glitter to the flower. 


And that's it. I hope you like it. Thank you so much for visiting :)

'Happy Women's Day to all the wonderful, Beautiful and Strong Women out there. We've been blessed to be a blessing'! 

For Challenges

4 comments:

  1. This is very cool! I love how you did your background and popped the flower. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorjuss card. I love how your pink flower pops up from brown background. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Dee! The background is amazing! So many layers with the ink smooshing! The pink flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Deepti! The flower is so elegant and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete