September 24, 2018

VINTAGE CHRISTMAS SCENE | SIZZIX LIFESTYLE


Hello everyone! I love making this type of cards - artsy, colorful, little vintagy and with touch of  picture book style. I questioned myself why always cars carry Christmas trees, why not mopeds? The idea of Mopeds carrying Christmas tree lead me to make this card. Please check my old video - Car Carrying a Christmas Tree. :)


Products from Sizzix Lifestyle
CARD DETAILS

I started by die-cutting the Moped and Evergreen Bigz Dies out of Canson water color paper with the help of Bigshot Express Machine. Then I water colored the die-cuts with Candid Apple, Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint distress inks. Once the die-cuts were dry, I assembled them with Tacky Glue.


I took Canson water color paper as my base and ink smooshed the background with Broken China Distress Ink. I also added splatters of Broken China and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I didn't want the paper to soak up all the ink splatters completely so I blotted the excess, this resulted in getting a faint dull background which I was expecting for. Then I sponged some Vintage Photo Distress Ink at the edges of the panel for a defined look.


Then I adhered all the die-cuts over the panel, I tied the tree to the Moped with a twine as if the Moped was carrying the tree. Finally added splatters of white paint for some snowy effect and also added ground to the Moped with the same white paint. Lastly I finished the card with a die-cut sentiment called 'Joy'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment