February 26, 2016

Smile Sets Everything!


Hello everyone!Welcome back to my tiny little space :)
Today I'm sharing a card inspired by the song - Boyzone 'Words'. I love that song and I took the main word 'Smile'. Yep! 'Smile for everything' - whether you are happy or going through any rough situations, just 'smile' because it sets everything straight. :)


To make this card, I sponged the card stock panel with Manganese Archival Ink. And to get that wash of colour, I have a tip for you. Just spray any perfume or deodorant on to the Archival or non-water based inks - the alcohol in the perfume/deodorant reacts with the ink and gives that wash effect just as distress inks. :)

Then I added splatters of gold paint. On to some vellum card stock, I stamped the leaves from Altenew Floral Motifs stamp set and colored them with gold paint,fussy cut them and kept it aside. Later I cut two strips of card stocks, colored one of the strips with gold paint and the other with light blue ink. Finally stamped the sentiment and adhered everything together. 


I'm entering this card for Altenew February Challenge: From Places Abroad – Cyprus - I was very much inspired by the colors, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Inspired By A Song, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes and Peek-a-booChallenge # 3 : Tic-Tac-Toe- I chose second column - sequin/gold/striped element.

Edited - I literally forgot about this challenge and I want to enter my card now. Better late than never, right! I'm entering this card for w&w Belated 2nd Birthday Bash | Gold + Watercolor Challenge with Heather H
 

I hope you like my card. Thank you so much for stopping by. Take care and I'll see you very soon :)

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for joining us @ Peek-a-boo Challenge !!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Deepti!! Love the gold on vellum. So subtle and nice!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors, Wow!! Thanks for the great tip about the perfume. Pretty and smells good, always a plus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design, Deepti! The colors are so rich and beautiful! Your use of vellum and gold splatter are superb in this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you're back. And you've obviously found mr mojo, look at this beauty!! Eye catching colors and thanks for the perfume tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Deepti, the background and whole design of this is fabulous! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!! What a great take on the Altenew challenge - and thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete