Hello everyone! Today I'm going to review the newly launched Sizzix Permanent Pens from Making Essentials section. These pens are currently available at sizzix.co.uk. I'm not sure when they'll hit Sizzix US store. So keep an eye and just keep browsing. I'm not very good at reviewing things since I got so many questions about these pens I decided to make a video. I hope you find it helpful :)
CHARACTERISTICS OF THESE PENS
1. The pens come in a package with twelve yummy assorted colors.
2. These pens are dual ended with a fine and broad tip.You can easily locate the fine tip with the help of the grey line on the markers.
3. They are alcohol based, permanent, acid free and non-toxic.
4. They blend in very smoothly and easily.
5. An alcohol friendly ink like Memento, Catherine Pooler Midnight Ink, Hero Arts Black ink or any alcohol friendly inks available in the market is a must.
6. The image gets smeared and smudged if alcohol friendly ink is not used.
stamped the image with archival jet black ink, you can see all the bleeding, smearing and smudging!
7. You can combine Sizzix Markers with Copic Markers. I think the end result is good.
8. To blend the pigment you can either apply a lighter shade and then move onto darker shade or simply apply the darker shade and blend it with light color. Both works just fine!
first leaf - dark shade blended with light shade
second leaf - applied light coat first and then added darker shade and then again blended with lighter color.
9. Yes! they bleed through the paper which is the most common thing among alcohol markers.
10. They also work on non-porous surfaces such as ceramics.
And that's it. I think and I hope I've covered almost all the points. If you have any questions kindly leave me a comment below :)
HOW I MADE THIS CARD
I started by stamping all the leaves from Adore You stamp set in Memento London Fog Ink and colored all the images with Sizzix Permanent Pens.
Fussy cut all the images with a pair of scissors and adhered randomly over the A2 top folding card base.
Then added splatters of black paint and finished the card with a sentiment strip. :)
Thank you for visiting! :)