Masking and stamping are my all time favorite techniques and also I love using happy and bright colors on my cards to make the card designs more cheerful. I never tried making a 3D Layered Card and I must admit it wasn't that easy! Last night, the idea of this card hit my head, after so much of experimenting, designing, stamping and masking, here is the final result. I like the color combo and the card design very much. :)
My card mainly features Stuck on You and Year Four stamp sets from Lawn Fawn. I used Lime Rickey and Garden Party inks from Catherine Pooler designs. Also used Neon Pink ink by Hero Arts, Manganese Blue, Archival Jet Black ink, Broken China DI and Peeled Paint DI by Ranger. I water colored the images with school water color cakes.
HOW I MADE THIS CARD
- I took four card panels of equal size. On the front and the third panels I stamped and masked the images from Stuck on You stamp set in different inks.
- On the second panel I stamped the Hippo, birdie and balloon with Archival Jet Black Ink and water colored them with school water color cakes.
- Onto the fourth panel I distressed the background with Broken China Distress Ink, added splatters of water and let the panel the dry for sometime.
- I also distressed the edges of the three panels with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
- Next I fussy cut all the three card panels and adhered it to the fourth panel with the help of flaps I created earlier.
- Finally finished the card by stamping the sentiment from Year Four stamp set with Archival Jet Black Ink.
MORE SHOTS FOR YOU
- LAWN FAWNATICS CHALLENGE 27 – 3D CARDS
- CASology Week 298: JUNGLE
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge : Animal Magic
- Time Out Challenges Challenge #108 - Wild
FLIP THROUGH VIDEO
I hope you like it :)
And that is the card for today and I hope you like it. Thank you so much for visiting :)