July 19, 2017

Quick and Easy Christmas Cards with Catherine Pooler Designs


Making quick and simple Christmas Cards is so much fun. If you stick on to one design then it will become a lot more easier for you to mass produce the cards. Here I've followed the same sketch on all my cards but switched the colors in between.


By the way I used the products from SOA - Candy Cane Lane Collection for my projects today. Did you know the collection is available right now at catherinepooler.com ? Such a lovely collection and I encourage you to go check their site and products :)


I used Peppermint Stick Background stamp and Merry & Bright Boughs stamp sets for my cards!




CARD DETAILS

I inked up the Peppermint Background Stamp in Rockin' Red followed by Melon Ice and Aquatini and stamped onto the front of the main card base. As you can see the Melon Ice Panel is slightly brownish in color because the ink got slightly mixed with Rockin' Red. I like it when two colors mix together and give us an unexpected color! :)


I cut the panels smaller than the main card base and stamped the sentiments and images from Merry & Bright Boughs stamp set.


I like the fonts and I liked the over all design of these cards. It looks clean, fresh, modern and trendy. :) I loosely water colored the holly leaves with Lime Rickey Ink. Yes you can absolutely water color the images with these inks. You can check the video HERE.


Finally adhered the panels over the main card base with foam tape. I didn't want to add any embellishments on my cards as I wanted them to be mail friendly :)


And that's it. I hope you liked my cards and I hope you got inspired. Thank you so much for visiting!


2 comments: