July 4, 2017

How To Video | Ombre Stamping with Solid Stamps


Hello everyone! Do you like learning new stamping techniques? I love to but lately I have fallen for many things in this crafty journey! But my first love was 'stamping' and it will always be. So today's project is all about a stamping technique called 'Ombre Stamping'


What is an Ombre Effect?

An Ombre Effect is s the gradual blending of one color hue to another, usually moving tints and shades from light to dark. It is a French word and it is commonly used in hair coloring.

How to achieve this Ombre look with solid stamps?

There are three ways/methods to achieve this Ombre look with solid stamps. 

1. Single Color - Ink up the stamp with the color of your choice, remove the excess ink with a tissue paper and stamp it onto the paper. I think the result is cool but I definitely feel that the image is lacking some definition.


2. Dual / Multi Color - Ink up the stamp with a lighter shade of ink first and stamp it onto the paper. Next ink up the same stamp again with a darker shade, remove excess ink and harsh lines with a tissue paper or cloth and stamp over the previously stamped image. I think this turned out pretty cool, what do you think?


3. Again with Single Color - Ink up the stamp with the color of your choice and stamp onto the paper. Next ink up the same stamp again with the same ink, remove any harsh lines with a tissue paper and stamp over the previously stamped image. Repeat this process again and again until you are happy with the results. The result for this one is also great but I found it's a bit tedious! 


My favourite method was the second one. Which one is your favourite? By the way the inks that I used for my project are from Catherine Pooler Designs - It's a Boy, Something Borrowed, It's a Girl, Party Dress and Midnight. And the stamp set is from Mudra called Floral Fantasy. :)


CARD MAKING PROCESS

I started by repeatedly stamping the background with the floral images from Mudra in It's a Boy followed by Something Borrowed. Then I stamped the leaves in It's a Girl followed by Party Dress. To enhance the beauty of the card design I stamped the inside of the flower with Midnight Ink. Once the stamping is done I adhered the panel over the main card base which was cut exactly to the size of the main card base!


Then onto the strip of white card stock I stamped the sentiment in Midnight Ink and foam mounted it onto the card front. Finally embellished the card with a few clear sequins from Mudra.


VIDEO DETAILS

I have filmed a video for you where I've shared everything in detail. I've also made a couple of cards, one was Gold Embossed and the other was similar to the card I made today. I hope you like them. Thank you so much for visiting. See you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment