July 13, 2017

Cherrylana Designs | Spring Themed Cards | Video


Hello everyone! It's been a while, right? I've been concentrating on other stuff lately other than crafting and I think I should come back soon to my crafting routine! But I think taking a break is always good! But I need to film a lot of videos, fulfill my DT requirements and have lots of stuff to do :)

Today is my very first post at Cherrylana Designs, it's an introductory post with the cards. I am super happy about it. I love their stamps so much, I have many unused stamps waiting for me to get inked! :D I've made an Unboxing video of these stamps, you can check HERE.

Today I am sharing a couple of simple water color cards featuring Spring and Honey Bunny Stamp Sets. I chose Faber Castell Water Color Pencils as my water color medium. :)

TIP:

I have a small tip for you while dealing with water color pencils.


Scribbling directly onto the paper leaves harsh lines. The best solution is to pick up the pigment directly from the pencil with a paint brush. So I am applying the same technique for both the cards today. 

CARD DESIGN #1


I started by drawing a circle on a white card stock. This circle will act as a guide while stamping the images. I am not going for a full floral wreath but for a semi one! The paper I am using today isn't a water color paper, it's a regular heavy white card stock!


I stamped all the pretty flowers forming a semi circle in Archival jet Black Ink. Next I water colored the images with Faber Castell Water Color Pencils. By the way these pretty stamps are from Spring Stamp Set.


Next I stamped the sentiment from Honey Bunny in Archival Jet Black Ink. Once the panel was dry I went ahead and added tiny splatters of black paint. This will enhance the beauty of the card design.


Finally I foam mounted the floral panel onto the card front and embellished it with a few clear drops.

CARD DESIGN #2


This card design was pretty simple. I stamped all the images from Spring Stamp Set in Archival Jet Black Ink at the bottom of the card panel and water colored them using Faber Castell Water Color Pencils.


Once the panel was dry I added splatters of black paint. I love doing this splatter thing on every card. :) I think I am so obsessed with it :D


Finally stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set and foam mounted the panel onto the card front.

VIDEO DETAILS

I made a video for you for the first card where I've shared everything in detail. I hope you like it. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment