July 24, 2017

Overlap Stamping Technique | Catherine Pooler Designs


Hello everyone! Today I have a very simple, fun and easy stamping technique called Overlap Stamping. Overlap Stamping Technique is nothing but layering of images. This is such a fun and easy technique, you don't need to mask your images at all. You can simply go with the flow! The good thing about this technique is when the colors overlap each other they automatically create another beautiful color. Such a wonderful and stress free technique :)


For my today's project, I used Yay Stripes and Butterfly Notes stamp sets from Catherine Pooler Designs. This Butterfly Notes is a part of Stamp Of Approval Lovely Notes Collection. If you know me, I like using bright and happy colors on my projects but this time I went with pastel shades.


The inks I used - It's a Girl, Sweet Sixteen, Bellini, Melon Ice, Mint To Be and Midnight Inks. All these gorgeous and lovely inks are from Catherine Pooler Designs.


I started by stamping the butterfly on a smaller panel with the inks mentioned above in a random and overlapped manner. I cleaned my stamp with a cloth in each intervals.


I love how the images overlap and creates another beautiful color. Once the stamping part was done I went ahead and added splatters of black paint with a thin paint brush. I love doing this and I strongly believe that these splatters add so much interest to the card!


Onto the main card panel I stamped the striped line from Yay Stripes stamp set in Midnight Ink. Finally I added the smaller panel over the main card base with foam tape. :)


I've also filmed a video for you where I've shared everything in detail. I hope you like it! Thank you so much for visiting. See you soon :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved the butterfly card. At first, it sounded like it could be a "hot mess", but it is gorgeous.. You're right about the change in colors. I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty! going to make this! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete