July 22, 2017

Sizzix Lifestyle | Fun Cards with Under the Sea Thinlits | Video


I am just loving the process of making mass production. This time I made five cards out of one die set - Under the Sea designed by Katie Skilton. This is such an adorable set and you can literally make as many card designs as you like! :) I used Big Shot Express Machine to help die-cut the images!


I stick on to the same card design as I used on my previous Christmas Card Set. Here the chosen color palette was Blue, Grey, Yellow, Black, Red and Gold.


I thought of adhering the wave die-cuts to the background but I thought that would be too tedious to die-cut and adhere. Hence I made a stamp out of fun foam and stamped the background repeatedly with Memento London Fog Ink. You can learn how to make foam stamps with dies HERE and HERE.


The paper I used wasn't much stamping friendly and not a water color paper either! You can see the blotchy stamping and not so good water colored area. But I liked that imperfect result, I think that looks so cool! :)


I die-cut several dies out of Grey, Red, Pink, Yellow and Gold card stocks and kept them aside.


Next I took another panel smaller than the main card base and Ink Smooshed a tiny portion of the card with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink. You can learn more about Ink Smooshing HERE.


Once the panel was dry I went ahead and stamped the sentiment from Mudra called Leaves with Archival Jet Black Ink.


And later adhered the cute Whales, See Weed, Star Fishes, Small Fishes, tiny heart and water splashes accordingly onto the panel with foam tape.


I just love the hint of gold so I managed to incorporate tiny bit of gold on my cards today. Finally I adhered all the panels together with glue and foam tape. And that pretty much finishes the cards for today :)


I've filmed a video for you where I've shared everything in detail. Enjoy!

PROMOTIONS


The winners of the giveaway was announced HERE. Kindly check this link if you are the ONE. :)


New campaign is going on for Summer Time. Katie Skilton has used her unicorn die to create kids party ideas which you can see HERE. All the makes on this have a tutorial available too. Kindly CLICK HERE for more details.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome cards, Deepti! So inspired!!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I love your under the sea cards. Great take on the dies. These are really cute and I love your gold embelishments too.

    ReplyDelete