Adding Interest to the Negative Die-cut Spaces | Video

Tuesday, February 21, 2017


Hi everyone! I really like this pattern paper from Do crafts - Papermania. I usually don't use a lot of pattern paper on my projects. My card making style is simple and minimalistic! I was very much inspired by one of my old cards about neighborhood so I wanted to recreate the same concept or theme but with a different card design. I used my all time favourite TownHouse dies from Sizzix.co.uk. :)


CARD DETAILS

Making this card was so easy and fun. I cut the pattern paper to the size of the card base, placed all the cute house dies and sent this sandwich through the BigShot Express Machine. Once the die-cutting part was done, I inked the background with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and spritzed some water with mini mister and picked up the excess with a tissue paper.


By doing so, it not only adds water color effect but also adds interest to the negative spaces of the die-cut panel. Then placed the positive piece inside the negative space as a guide to adhere all the tiny little details.


I finished the card by stamping a sentiment on a strip of white card stock and by adding a few clear sequins here and there!

VIDEO DETAILS

I have filmed a video for you where I have shared everything in detail from start to finish. I hope you'll enjoy watching my video. 


watch it here | watch at my YouTube Channel

That's all for today! Thank you so much for visiting!! :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. superb card!! love the use of the negative die cut space to add color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and clever technique to add color to the negative die cuts!

    ReplyDelete