Hi everyone! How are you? Today I have a slightly different project for you. I love mixed media but I wanted it to be simple. I watched many video tutorials but nothing caught my eye and I thought everything was too much for me until I found this channel on YouTube - Susanne Rose Art. Her simple mixed media art really inspired me to take courage in creating these lovely little cards but I definitely gave my twist to it. Her videos are perfect for beginners like me :D
MY CARD MAKING DETAILS
- I started by die-cutting the cute Crab and Starfish thinlit dies by Sizzix called Under the Sea out of white cardstock through Sizzix SideKick Machine.
- I took small sized cards, gave a dark blue water color wash to the background.
- I also water colored the die-cuts in Yellow, Orange and Red.
- I let the cards and die-cuts dry completely.
- Once they are dry , I adhered news print pattern paper as shown above.
- I also gave a wash of Gesso by Papericious.
- Also added splatters of blue, white and nude water colors to mimic under the sea.
- Finally I adhered the cute things, the sentiment was hand written and finished the card with a twine.
Very simple, right! If possible I shall share a video with you making cards in my own version. I love using news print and text on my projects also.