August 10, 2017

Loose Water-coloring with Cherrylana Designs Stamps


Are you a water color enthusiast just like me? Then you must be exploring and experimenting things about water colors and it's techniques. I recently (a couple of months ago) purchased Koi water colors and Canson water color paper to try my hands at water colors. Since I'm a beginner I thought these supplies were perfect but lately my heart and eyes are moving towards Strathmore water color paper and Gansai Tambi Water Colors!! LOL.. (I will get them very soon) ;)


The above card was published on Cherrylana Designs Blog the other day and I've shared a video too. I said in the video that I also have 'blue and yellow' color flowers in my mind and here is the card I made using that color combo :) You can read more about the above card HERE.


As I said earlier, I was experimenting and learning things, I thought and questioned myself how the water colors look on Iris Card Stock. This card stock is a bit smoother, a little glossier and a bit thicker. I did water coloring on Glossy Card Stock previously and I noticed the result of the water colors on both the papers are a little similar.


I stamped the floral images from Inspire Stamp Set with Versafine Sepia Ink as I do not want the outlines of the image dominate the water colors. I just want my watercolors steal the show!


When we apply pigment to this Iris and glossy card stock they create a kind of whimsical water color look which I love the most.


I applied Black Soot Distress Ink on the card panel and applied a little water to remove harsh lines. I fussy cut all the floral images and adhered then in the above fashion. I then applied Sakura Gold Pigment to the anthers of the flowers.


When this gold ink dries it creates a faux gold foiled effect which I think is really very cool. Finally I stamped the sentiment and embellished them with gold sequins from Cherrylana Designs.


I have made a video on how I did 'loose water coloring' for the previous card. I hope you'll enjoy watching it. 




Here's a couple of cards showcasing the water colors on glossy card stock. Thank you so much for visiting. See you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment