Hello everyone! It's been a while since I used a colored card stock, I normally don't use the colored ones. To be honest I'm little afraid of using them! But this time I really wanted to try and see how stamping looks on colored card bases. I didn't go for the brighter shade base but I went with a lighter one - Cream Color! I just wanted to keep my card panel plain from colors so I went with the color scheme - Cream, Black and Gray :)
The theme behind this card was 'Friends Come in all Shapes and Sizes but Friendship Stays Forever'!
- I took a standard sized white Neenah Card stock and folded into half. This time I went with the landscaping card rather than top folding card.
- I took another panel which is cream in color and it is slightly smaller than the main card base.
- Next I took stamps from Happy Little Stampers - Birthday Friends and stamped them on the cream panel with Archival Jet Black Ink.
- Next I stamped the circles randomly from Mix Mash stamp set in gray ink. Actually the ink pad I used is not gray, it's black! I didn't refill the stamp pad and hence the gray color ;)
- I took my black permanent marker pen and doodled the lines to create a base for my Hippo and Elephant! and also added a few dots here and there with the same marker.
- I wanted the main card panel to be free from sentiment so I stamped the inside part with Archival Jet Black Ink, sentiment from Whimsical Friends
- And for the finishing touch I added Crystal Stickles on to the background and Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen for the animals.
- And that's it! ;)
I have filmed a video for you from start to finish where I shared tips and tricks along the way. Enjoy!
I'm entering this card for Simon Says: Anything Goes Challenge! See you next time! :)