Hello friends! It's been a while since I played along with any of the challenges. When I first saw the challenges at CASology WEEK 200: CAS + BLOG CANDY, Congratulations on the milestone. Hope you get many more! and Lulupu June Challenge - Celebrating Babies, I was like.. yeah! why not squeeze in some time to make a card these challenges. You know, I'm not into crafting these days! Only fulfilling my DT commitments because I'm having very bad wrist and I need to see the doctor immediately. I thought the pain killers will reduce the pain but it is getting worse day after day! But some how I managed to make this card and the card + video for Sizzix which will be published tomorrow!
CARD MAKING PROCESS
- Take a piece of white card stock and apply water here and there with a paint brush
- Then take Memento Fire Work Spray In Paris Dusk, spray it on to the acrylic block and dab the ink on to the water with a paint brush
- The ink flows by itself into the water creating an interesting back ground.
- Let the panel dry and then add tiny white splatters of paint with a small paint brush
- While the panel was drying, one of my favourite things is to do is doodling/adding any handmade element to my project. So I went ahead and drew the branch and colored it with Camlin Brush Pen in Black (a lovely gift from a lovely friend) and added Clear Wink of Stella Pen for some shimmer
- Then I punched out a few stars from a Golden Card stock and adhered the branch and stars with glue and foam tape respectively
- Then for the string thing, I drew a line with Silver Gel Pen
- Finally stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts with Archival Jet Black Ink and added tiny dots all over the panel with silver gel pen
- For the finishing touch I added a strip of Gold Foiled Washi Tape at the bottom of the panel and adhered the water colored panel on to the card base with some foam tape
And also I'll be entering this card for Create A Smile 'Favourite' Challenge. I don't own any of their stamps but I would love to get some in future ;)
The photos didn't do any justice to the card, I took these pictures in the evening, was so cloudy today! But this card is very cool in real life. :) I hope you liked the card. Thank you so much for stopping by. Take care and I'll see you soon :)